Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Friday, April 13, 2018

God Leads - We Trust


God Leads – We Trust

At the end of 2008 my job as a real estate agent was playing out. I was out of funds and I needed income.  Along came an opportunity.  It appeared to be not much of one, but an opportunity nevertheless.  It was in commission sales, and it was feast or famine at times. 

And I trusted.

In 2014 another opportunity came along.  I took that road.  The pay was better, the health benefits were about the same, I got to dress in a suit, and I learned a ton of new skills. 

And I trusted and took this new opportunity.

In 2016, the first company sold.  It was an ESOP company and those of us employed during those years reaped a bonus from the sale of that company. 
All those long hours, low pay, low commissions somehow got redeemed in that payout. 

God was leading … I kept trusting.

In 2017, we made grand plans to take a Mediterranean cruise.  We planned, we dreamed, we saved, we bought tickets and got ready for our adventure which was to happen in November.

In October, I was hospitalized for heart failure and forced into medical leave to strengthen my heart in preparation for surgery in December.

Had we gone on that Mediterranean cruise, I honestly don’t think I would be sitting here writing this post now.  Oh, I had symptoms, and if you’ve ever been thankful for symptoms you can relate.  They saved my life.

Though at the time I didn’t realize that God was leading, even in the symptoms. 

And so, I keep trusting.

I’ve wanted other jobs that have come across my pathway, but somehow, God stopped me from taking them.  God was leading.

Down through the years I’ve wanted relationships, before Carolyn, that never panned out.  God was leading.

I dislike when my plans and dreams are thwarted.  I have an agenda, a direction, and a course I want to pursue.

And I trust God anyway.

For I am resting in knowing that He ultimately knows what is best for my life, and if I allow His direction, His promptings and His timing, ‘all things do work together for the best.’

Trust is so hard at times.  We’re smart people.  We’re educated and experienced.  We know a thing or two about life.

And God still leads … and we trust.




Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment