Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

God and Life in These Days

God and Life in These Days

I don’t like much of what is happening in our world today. 

On my bad days, I am prone to flail my arms, curse, get mad or angry, and want to cut people off from my social media feeds.

And sometimes, on these bad days, I tend to forget where God stands in all of this.  Do you relate?

Well, this morning, here is what my spirit is sensing that God is say to all of us. Perhaps you, also, can gain a new footing and a good word of encouragement.


God is saying this …

Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you and help you,
I will hold you up with my righteous right hand.


Isaiah 41:1-2
“Do not fear; I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you on fire.


Hebrews 13:5
I will never leave you … I will never forsake you.


Psalm 121:2-4
My help comes from the Lord,
The one who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
He who watches over you will never
Slumber. He who keeps Israel
never slumbers nor sleeps.


Isaiah 59:1
Be aware, the Lord’s reach is not short,
that he cannot save; nor is His ear
closed to your cries and concerns.


Joshua 1:9
Be strong and courageous;
Do not fear nor be dismayed,
For the Lord your God is with you
Wherever you go.


My friend, hold fast to the promises of God. 

A final word:  In 2 Corinthians 12:9 we read this … “God’s power shows up best in weak people.”  Max Lucado says “God might be looking more for empty vessels than for strong muscles.”


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

1 comment: