Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, September 2, 2018

God Invites Us to Our Future Life Now


God Invites Us to Our Future Life Now


The call is for all of us.  Leave behind the past.  It can’t be changed.  And God says to us, I have a future full of hope for you.  Step into that. 

There are a thousand incidents, hundreds of decisions, I would love to do over in my life.  But I can’t, and you can’t either. 

However … we keep moving ahead with God’s help.  He guides us if we let Him, into a different, better future, when we leave the guidance to Him.

And it is a faith walk.  Oh my, how we like to jiggle on closed doors.  How we like to pound to be let in, to try the keys in our pocket just in case one of them might fit the locked door. 

Sometimes, we take a crowbar and beat down the closed and locked door.  And along comes more misery.  More pain.  More of what God is trying to keep us from.

The hardest decisions in my life have been the times when God has said “wait”.

I don’t wait well. 

In retrospect, however, when I’ve allowed God’s closed doors to remain closed, sooner or later, a proper and good door has opened and I’ve been allowed to walk through it.  I can’t tell you how, or when it will happen.  That is the faith part of our walk and we have to give God plenty of room to work in those situations. 

I can’t offer easy answers in this post.  I can only assure you of God’s best interest in all situations in our lives.

I come back to Romans 8:28
“We know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him.”


May you find courage and encouragement in these words.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment