Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Another View of Trust


Another View of Trust


This picture speaks to me on so many levels.  How about you?

We can become attached to so many ‘things’ and ideas and people and ways of living. 

And yet God is standing before us and continually says, “TRUST ME.”

That girl I nearly married … God said “not her.  Trust me.”  And He sent Carolyn.

That job I thought would be the end of all jobs … God said “no. Not that one.  I have something better for you.”  And He sent job after job, in time, on time, every time.

We (and I’m including myself in that) think we need so much stuff, or whatever the next new gadget or relationship or job is that comes along.  I think, in part, that we have been taught to be discontent, to always reach for more. 

Where is happiness?  Where is ‘content with what we have’?

Carolyn is in Zambia right now visiting an organization called ACE (Alliance for Children Everywhere).  We contribute to their ministry and CB does an occasional free-lance project for them.  On our conversation yesterday, she was in tears as she was telling me what she has been seeing. 

We get upset if our internet connection is disrupted for ten seconds.  She saw home after home with no electricity.  She saw home after home with no running water.  She saw ladies with maybe two dresses to their name, most were barefooted. 

They weren’t complaining.  They were laughing, smiling.  They had joy.

At one point on her journey, she was deep into a poverty-stricken area and she saw a gathering of twenty or so ladies.  They were laughing and singing, clapping their hands and having a ‘Happy’ in the middle of their mess.  They didn’t know what you and I know.  They couldn’t relate to the abundance most of us enjoy here in America and other parts of this world. 

They were simply infested with the ‘happies’. 

I think they continually discover these wise words:


CB attended a Zambian church service this morning.  I anxiously await her report on that. 

This I know, God can be trusted, regardless of any situation in which we find ourselves.

Perhaps … perhaps we need less ‘stuff’ and more trust in the God who supplies all our needs.


P Michael Biggs
Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment