Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Monday, November 12, 2018

When God Says "All Is Well"


When God Says “All Is Well”

Raw faith is a tough one.  Faith is trusting, even without any sign of relief, any sign of a positive answer.  It is clinging to God.

Philippians 4:7 talks about God giving us “a peace that passes all understanding.”  I’ve experienced that.  I felt it in the anticipation days of waiting on my heart surgery.  It was a calmness, a sense of God saying to me … “I’ve got this, regardless of the results.”

In 1993, I had that message.  I was facing the end of a job.  My future was uncertain.  And then came an offer.  It wasn’t what I had sought, but it was a job.  I took it, trusting in the God who gives all things.  And then He seemed to flood my heart and mind with an amazing peace and calmness unlike any I had ever experienced before.  It was a profound moment in my life.  A revolutionary experience in my sense of God’s timing and my ability to trust God.

For me, God’s presence, as I experienced it in these situations, came as a calming whisper.  It was as if He said, “I’ve got this.  All will be well.”

I am reminded of my favorite hymn – It Is Well with My Soul.  Horatio G. Spafford penned this hymn after losing his four daughters in a shipwreck on the S.S. Ville du Havre.

He had stayed behind in Chicago to attend to business and his wife and daughters went on board.  After getting the news of their tragic fate, he immediately boarded another ship to rejoin his wife.  As he neared the spot where his daughter’s ship went down, God gave him this hymn. 

When peace like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows role
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul

God said to him … “It is well.  I am with you in the middle of your tragedy.”

And God says the same to us. 

When the storms of life hit us, God says

“It is well.  All is well, indeed, for I am with you.”


P Michael Biggs
Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment