Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 2, 2013

God Is not Fragile




Some of the best news I could give you today is this:

God is not fragile

We sometimes treat God as if He is anemic.  We think He can’t handle certain conditions of our lives, our thoughts and our mannerisms.  We think He will break if we dare even utter certain words of disgust and frustration to Him in our prayers. 

Nothing could be further from the truth. 

I saw this on a Twitter post recently – Life is fragile – God is not!

Well said.

When I was in college working in a Kroger’s grocery store, I worked with a man a few years older than I.  Jimmy seemed to delight in yanking my chain about God. 

One day he turned to me, got in my face and said, “God sucks!”

Whoa.  That set me back on my heels.  I felt offended for God’s sake. 

But you know what – God kept right on loving Jimmy, watching over him just like He did me and you and the rest of the world.

God is not fazed by our thoughts, our whims, our inclinations or our waywardness.

He is not fragile.  He will go with us to any place we choose to go: 

-Hell and back
  -Whore houses
    -Drug dens
      -War
        -Marital strife
          -Thievery
            -Gambling debts

And on and on.

Isaiah 59:1 says this:

Listen!
The Lord’s arm is not too weak
to save you, nor is his ear
too deaf to hear you call.
  
Does that sound like a fragile God to you?  Not in the least.

So the next time you feel down, angry, disgusted, and defeated, let God know about it.  He already knows it, but sometimes He likes to hear your heart, regardless of your pain or state of anxiety.  Unload on Him. 

He can handle it.

He will not break, and He will never ignore you.



Watch this inspirational video version of A Mighty Fortress Is our God by a group called Glad.



(If the above video link doesn't work, click here

My prayer for you:

God:
We recognize that you are a God of great strength, great power and great understanding.  You know us, you made us and you see us at our best and at our worst.  And your love keeps right on reaching out to us.  You love us in all the seasons of our lives.

What a great God you are.  You are not fragile.  You are the Great One.

Thank you God.

Amen!



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment