Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Resting Place


It’s Easter Sunday.  Welcome to Internet Church. 

Today is a day of celebration.  To help, listen to this –

Joyful Joyful
Melbourne Gospel Choir


If the YouTube link does not work, click here -


Wow!  That will jump start your motor.  (If you skipped the above video clip, this previous sentence will make no sense at all.)


On this Easter Sunday I have a question for you. 

Are you a soul in need of rest?
Are you tired of being knocked around, pushed, cajoled, misled, mistreated, misunderstood, and confused?

Do you sometimes ask “Where is peace? Where is rest?”

On Easter Sunday, especially on Easter Sunday, when we want to connect with God, where do we turn?

Here is a bit of good news.  Rest assured that there is a place of quiet, a place of peace, a place of rest and a place of trust.  

I’m basing my thoughts today on an old hymn.  As we spend a few minutes in contemplation on these lyrics we begin to see a glimmer of hope in a God who will offer us rest for our souls, and the answer to our confusion and He offers us the peace that has been stolen from our hearts.

The heart of the Easter story is hope - hope that Christ did emerge from the tomb of stone.  This hope is in a God who showed his love in such a profound way that we can come and rest and be restored.

I’m simply offering a road map to peace and rest.  It matters not the degree of faith we have, or our level of understanding of God.

Our faith is not found in a denomination, or in a church with four walls and a steeple.  It is not in a cross you wear around your neck, or a lucky rabbit’s foot.  We can place our faith with confidence in the God of the universe – the Holy One.  He made us; He stands ready to assist with our confusion, our past, our questions, and our doubts. 

~He offers you and me rest.  Matthew 11:28

~He offers you and me peaceJohn 14:27

~He offers you and me comfortPsalm 46:1

~He offers you and me love. Romans 5:8

That is what the Easter story is all about. 

Allow your faith to come to rest in the God who laid the foundations of this world.  He receives you with open arms.

Consider this passage from the Holy Bible.


Bobby Michaels has a wonderful song for you.  Watch this.



If the above YouTube link 
does not work, click here - 

Here are the lyrics for your convenience.

Verse 1
My faith has found a resting place,
not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Verse 2
Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

Verse 3
My heart is leaning on the Word,
The written Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's name,
Salvation through His blood.

Verse 4
My great Physician heals the sick,
the lost He came to save;
for me His precious blood He shed,
for me His life He gave.


My Prayer for You:

God:
In a world of turmoil and angst, we need rest.  We need a being to whom we can run and find truth that we can trust.  Is that place you, God? 

We want to prove you as capable, strong, reliable, and that you can lead us in good directions.

So we come to you for rest.  Give our weary souls rest from strife, worry, anxiety, sin, mistakes, and conflict.

We come home to you.  Prove to us that you are the God of rest.

Amen.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment