Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Lump of Clay




I want to talk about molding, shaping, and forming.  That is what happens to a lump of clay on the potter’s wheel. 

I tried my hand once at creating a vase on a potter’s wheel.  Needless to say it was not a pretty sight.  The craftsman made it look easy, and yet my efforts were spastic at best. 

Kind of like my life when I do too much of what I want and leave God out of my situations.  I believe God has plans and designs for my life and for yours. I think He has a good idea of how and where our lives should take us for best results.  I don’t know about you but I have overridden Him a time or two, or thirty. 

Consider this:
He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

… And that means you and me. 


In another place in the Bible we are reminded of this:

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 39:13


He is the master craftsman.  He is the steady hand on the potter’s wheel.  Always, always in retrospect, I can look backwards and see how his hand guided me in a particular situation, and how I am now using, learning from, or growing in better ways all because I dared to let him be the Master Potter and I became a mold-able lump of clay.

I like being in the Potter’s hands. 
He reveals his plans to us through what we are naturally drawn to.

-Some can teach
-Others have administrative abilities.
-Master craftsmen and women abound
-Others love to serve and offer their hands in good and meaningful work

I love to write and encourage mankind.  I just learned a new phrase to describe what I do best:  “I give thirsty people a drink of water.”

I love that.

What are you inclinations?
What makes your heart beat faster?
What might the Potter be saying to you?

Now watch this ... Potter's Hand by Hillsong




May I pray for you?  
God in heaven:
I know you are the one who molds and forms and orders my life.  I want to trust you with more of my life and my destiny.   Will you  become the full-time Potter in my life, molding and shaping me for good things that you have in mind for me?

Thank you God.
Amen!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment