Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

I Want to be Listening


I Want to be Listening

I have always loved the Bible story of Samuel as a young boy.  He was brought to the Temple as an infant and given to the Priest to live and work and serve the Lord for the rest of his days.

When he was about eight years of age, he heard a voice one night.  “Samuel.  Samuel.”

He rose up from his bed and went to the priest Eli and said, “Surely you called and here I am.”

Eli told him to go back to sleep. He had not called.

Samuel returned to bed and the same thing happened.  He heard his name, arose, presented himself to Eli and Eli again sent him back to bed.

And it happened again.  This time, Eli sensed this might be the voice of God speaking to Samuel and told him to respond, “Speak Lord, for your servant is listening.” 

Samuel did as Eli said, and God laid out His specific message for Samuel. 

Note Samuel’s words to God: “Speak, Lord,
for your servant is listening.”

Important words.  They show the marks of a man or woman whose life is turned toward God.

I’ve prayed this prayer many times in my walk with God.  I pray it every time I sit down to write this blog.  I don’t know a lot about my readership except in general what countries they are from.  I do know this post is read, for my numbers on any given day usually make this the most-read blog of the six that I write.

I take this space seriously.  I want to listen for the voice of God so that I can write something that He will use in someone’s life every time I write.

I want to listen. 

And if I do my job, people will read, lives will be encouraged, and I do my portion of God’s work in my corner of this world. 

It starts with listening.  I want to get really good at that.


P Michael Biggs
Hope Encouragement Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment