Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, January 27, 2019

God Uses the Imperfect


God Uses the Imperfect

Good news for those of us who are challenged on the ‘imperfect’ side of life.  God can and does still want to use.

Consider the past:
Christ was born in a barn
Moses was a stutterer
David had his immoral flaws
Bethlehem was a nowhere town
Shepherds were the first to hear the good news
God once used a harlot
He called cheating tax collectors to follow him

Yes … God uses the imperfect. 

I find this thought highly encouraging.  If God were to only use those qualified to do His bidding, well, would the job get done?  Many of those who are qualified are so busy with their other “stuff” in life that they might not get around to doing God’s work. 

Instead He reaches out to people like you and me.  I’ll speak for myself here, and you can join in if you want.

I’m flawed.  I have weakness and disappointments in my life.  I’ve faced marital conflict, relationship difficulties, stubbornness, I’ve had times when I wanted my own way and fought God until I got it. 

I wasn’t the best student in school, yet I learned.  I wasn’t get best singing in the choir, and yet God called me to lead music on many occasions. 

It’s not the measure of the gift one possesses, rather, the willingness to use one’s portion of those gifts.

And so, here’s what we do.  We come with the only offering we possess.  We offer it to God for His use.  We give our best and let God do the rest.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment