Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Use Me If You Can


Use Me If You Can

I can't do much.  I'm a pretty good singer. Not great, just pretty good.

I was a descent music director.  I had my moments of greatness, and my moments of embarrassment.  I did some good stuff. I love directing orchestras best of all.

I drum.  I'm not Buddy Rich or Gene Krupa, but I can still play a set of drums. 

You see, I used what I had.  I took the seeds of my gifts and abilities and used them as far as I could. 

I'm now a writer.  I write to encourage mankind and give words of hope and inspiration.  I've not written any best-sellers, nor is my name a household name in writing circles, but I use the gift I have, and I've developed it further than it was ten years ago.

Today, in my reading, this jumped on me.

Isaiah 6:8 "Also, I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then said I, here am I. Send me."

A quote in my files says this:

"God uses whoever is available.


Wow.  That is what it comes down to. 

And I for one want to be available. 

   All my talents, all my skills.
     The thoughts I think.
         The way I act.
            The words I utter.

Here I am.  Send me, God.



Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment