Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

While God Is Changing Me


While God Is Changing Me

While God is changing me, I still enjoy His grace and mercy.  Yesterday, I had some thoughts that weren’t exactly holy.  I harbored an attitude, I thought ill of a person, and I skipped morning devotions.  I even missed church on Sunday.

And God still showers me with His grace.  Imagine that. 

This I know … God loves me for who He is, not for who I am.  I’ll never be good enough, holy enough, righteous enough, consistent enough, and beautiful enough.  But God, in His mercy and grace, still reaches down, or out, or … and says, “That one.  The senior man with little hair who is trying to do some good.  Him I love.  He has my eye.” 

And so, I keep trying … and sometimes fall short. 
I keep plugging away … and sometimes miss the hole I’m supposed to plug.  I keep using my small skills.

And God keeps changing me, growing me, speaking to me, inspiring me, hovering near, and loving me, for He sees something worthy in me.

And in you.  Put yourself in this picture, for it is true of you as well.

Be encouraged today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment