Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, June 7, 2018

God's Got Your Back


God’s Got Your Back

Has anyone ever said to you “I’ve got your back”?  I have heard that, in different words, of course.  And it is a comforting thought.

I heard it once from my Dad.  I was contemplating a move from Orlando to Albuquerque.  I felt I should go, yet doubt crept in.  Dad called just as I was in the throes of making the decision and asked if I was packing for the move. 

I hesitated, and said, “Well, Dad.  I just don’t know.  I …”

And he said: “Well, son.  I think Albuquerque is a good move for you.  I think you should go ahead and go.  And if you get out there and you find out it’s the wrong place to be, then God will forgive you and I think there is enough money in the Lewisburg bank to get you back home.”

He had my back.

I’ve had many moments when I’ve felt God saying to me, in so many different ways “I’ve got your back.”

Joshua 1:9 comes to mind.  “Be not afraid nor dismayed, for I, your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Jeremiah 29:11 says” “For surely I know the plans I have for you; they are plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”

At times, God has simply reminded me of this:

“Be still, and know that I am God.”  Even in the non-moments of life, God had my back.  He was basically saying, “Wait.  Now is not the time.  Be patient.  I’m working something else for you.  Hold on.”

I believe God wants the absolute best for us, and He is with us and leads us, when we allow that.

Lest you think I’ve led a pure and stable life, think again.  I’ve made my blunders, my miss-steps, the times I’ve gone against God’s desire for me, and there have been consequences.  Oh, God didn’t strike me with an illness, but the consequences of bad choices remain nevertheless.

And yet, God was still with me.  I have to remind myself often of this … God never promises to keep bad things from us.  He DOES promise to be with us in the middle of the bad.

Now, how about that?  God really does have our back.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment