Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Limits ... No Limits

I have an immense appetite for pecan pie, and I make a pretty good one.  I could probably eat two or three slices in one setting, if I chose to. 

But I have my limits.

The same goes for Krispy Kreme Donuts.  I grew up on those temptresses in Tennessee.  Any more, I have limits, and when and if I exceed those limits, I go into a tail spin with light headedness, the jitters and a sugar overload. 

I have limits.

I hate limits.  I hate … limits.

And the song echoes …

Redeeming love, a love that knows no limits
Redeeming love, a love that never dies.
My soul shall sing throughout the endless ages,
The adoration of this great love on high.

~God in the manger
~God as a baby
~God on a cross

Is there no limit to what God was willing to do to reach out to mankind?

The old way was ritual worship, animal sacrifice, bloodshed … form and rituals and rules to follow, and only a few had access to His presence in the Holy place. 

God removed the barriers.  In one act of redemptive love He began the reconciliation with mankind by coming to earth on man’s terms – by becoming a man and living life as we live it on earth. 

His love reached beyond the limits of humanity right to where we are today. 

The way is open.  We now have access to a relationship with God almighty that is both personal and redemptive.

Is there no limit as to what God is willing to do to reach you and me?

No limit indeed.

And as Gloria Gaither’s lyric says so well …

“And His love reached all the way to where I was (and where I am).”

Does God have limits?  Will He go to any length to be with us?

Yes, He will.  He will go to any length.
~He will get down into the gutter if He must.
~He will go into the hell-holes if He must.
~He will come to us in the most despicable places if He must just to reach us. 
~He will even come into our hospital room.
~He will visit our counselor’s offices.
~He will come to where we are, to abide with us, to comfort us, to redeem us and to love us.

He wants us to know there are no limits to where He is willing to go.

Oh … well … there is one limit.

He is limited by our rejection of Him. 

You see, He only comes into the places we vacate for Him.  If you hang out a “No Vacancy” sign, then He will honor that and not force His way in.

For God so loved the world
that He gave His one and only
Son so that whoever believes
in Him and welcomes Him
shall have eternal life.

Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment