Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Searching for a Savior

When I meet someone for the first time I try and look into their eyes.  And what do I see? 

Fear
  Courage
    Boldness
      Anger
        Love
          Mercy
            Confidence
              Tenderness
                Trust
                  Evil intent


When I metaphorically look into the eyes of God my Savior, I see mercy.

MERCY!

I hope you do too.

I see a generously kind and grace-filled Savior looking for His wayward child.

Are you a lonely soul in need of a Savior?  Then perhaps this will cheer your heart.  I’m borrowing some lyrics from Sandi Patti’s great song There Is a Savior, written by Greg Nelson and Bob Farrell.

There is a Savior, what joys express
His eyes are mercy, His word is rest
For each tomorrow and yesterdays
There is a Savior who lights our way.

Those are reassuring words, wouldn't you say? 

I especially love the phrase “His eyes are mercy, His word is rest.”

The world begs for mercy.  Harshness abounds on every side.  Payment is demanded.

And sometimes we want to cry out in great despair … Is There No Mercy?

And if we look at the balance sheet on which our lives and deeds are represented, we might see great gaps, goofs, missteps and misspoken words, dastardly deeds, and some stupid acts. 

Where can we find mercy for this bundle of badness?

The invitation is offered. 

“Come unto me, all who labor 
and are heavy laden.  
I will give you rest.”

And when we approach to accept the invitation, what do we find? 

Amazing relief
     Sins forgiven
          The past washed away
               A clean slate

Here is the verse to this great song. 

Are there burdens in your heart
Is your past a memory that binds you
Is there some pain that you've carried far too long
Then strengthen your heart with His good news
There is a Savior and He’s forgiving you

Now, treat yourself to this full blown version of the Talley’s singing this song.



A Prayer for All of Us

God:
I am a soul in need of a Savior.  Even at my best I often feel so inadequate. 

Help, God.

Is there really some relief from this burden of my own doing?  Is there a way out from under this weight that I bear?

If so, I’d really like some help.  I need a bucket load of help, if you don’t mind.

And so I ask … and so I expect to receive.

Your scared and very weary child,



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


1 comment:

  1. "Michael,
    What could could express the ubiquitously available grace and mercy of Abba than the words you shared:

    'Harshness abounds on every side. Payment is demanded.

    And sometimes we want to cry out in great despair … Is There No Mercy?

    ... [I]f we look at the balance sheet on which our lives and deeds are represented, we might see great gaps, goofs, missteps and misspoken words, dastardly deeds, and some stupid acts.

    Where can we find mercy for this bundle of badness?

    The invitation is offered.'

    “Come unto me, all who labor
    and are heavy laden.
    I will give you rest.”
    Matthew 11:28

    Thank you Michael, for keeping the message of mercy out front where it should be!!

    As always, your brother,
    Rod

    ReplyDelete