Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Say the Words

There is an interesting story in the Bible in Luke 7:2-10.  A high ranking Roman soldier, a Centurion, hears that Christ is nearby and sends some people to ask him to come and heal his chief servant.  As Christ nears the home, the Centurion sent Christ a message saying in essence “I’m not worthy to have you come even under the roof of my house.  If you will but say the words I know my servant will be healed.”

Christ is amazed.  This must surely take the cake.  He even comments on the man’s audacity and boldness, and great faith.  He says, “I tell you this, I have never seen such great faith, even in all of Israel.” 

The servants return and the sick servant was healed.

And look what we have.  We have great faith.  GREAT FAITH!

What does this speak to you and me?  It speaks of great faith.

Now get the picture.  A man, the Centurion, says simply, “Christ, say the words from over there and I believe in you enough that my servant will be healed.”

And so it was so.

What kind of faith is this?

What kind of faith do you exert?  Do you need a talisman – a lucky rabbit’s foot?  Do you need to kiss a crucifix?  Do you need your hands on a certain Bible in order to see prayers answered? 

None of those were mentioned in this story.  No magic potion, no proper clothing, no burned sacrifice was needed for the healing to be performed.

Just great faith!

GREAT FAITH!

God is offering us this same access.  He still works through our faith.

The words He wants to hear the most are these – I Believe!

Need sins forgiven?  Believe in the Redeemer.

Do you have a need that needs to be met?  Believe.

I don’t understand it, but then I’m not required to understand the power of faith in God.  I just have to exercise my faith. 

Christ saved the servant that day.

What do you need saving from?

Now might be a dandy time to prayer your prayer of faith.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment