Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Impossible Is Possible

Don’t you hate impossible situations, closed doors, stubborn relationships, mountains that can’t be climbed, and a bank account that is empty?

If there is one encouraging thought to give you today, it would be this. 

“Impossible is one of God’s favorite words.”
~Max Lucado

In Luke 1:37 Mary had just been visited by Gabriel, the chief angel of God, and she heard some perplexing news. 

   It was preposterous. 
      It was beyond imagination. 
         It was impossible. 

Her question is this:  “How can this be?”

In other words …
No way Hosea.  Are you crazy? 
Did you misunderstand the plan? 
How can I get pregnant when I've had no relationship with a man?

And the great answer comes: 
“For with God nothing shall be impossible.”

And the answer still echoes across the ages, across the gap between heaven and earth and from my heart to yours.  It is perhaps the great promise from God to mankind. 

He is saying in effect:
     ~I've got this.
     ~I see you and I know what you need.
     ~I haven’t abandoned you.
     ~I am the steady hand on the wheel of your life.
     ~Let me fight your battles for you.

I've seen a few impossible things change to possibilities before my eyes.  

-I was once given a money gift of 
$3,000 when I was down to a 
few dollars in my bank account. 

-I've been given grace 
when I should have 
been given grief.

-I've seen people healed 
when the prognosis 
was typically certain death. 

-I've survived near misses 
and an auto accident 
that could have been the end.

What have you seen?  Have you had an impossible miracle?

Remember, with God nothing is impossible. 



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment