Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Who Am I?

This is the question asked by philosophers, psychologist, therapist, and ministers and their patients and parishioners. 

The great search for self-discovery is one that leads us down various paths, into many conversations and on daring adventures.

I've asked this of myself on many occasions, and when I put pen to paper and make a list I can come up with some interesting descriptors to define myself.  You can as well.  

But in the end, the only real discovery that matters in this search for self-identity is this:


“Who am I?  I am one loved by Christ.”
~Thomas Merton

It all comes down to an awareness of this one fact.  God Loves Me.

ME!

Say that a few hundred times per day – “God loves me.”

That means that God is the great lover.  Ever known a great lover?  Now you do. 

There is one more principle you need to hold on to.

God is the lover who keeps no score.

He does not mark his chalk board with goody points when you are exceptional nor with black marks when you screw up.  So, if God doesn't keep score, maybe we should stop keeping score on ourselves.  We just need to surrender all of our sinfulness to the God who sees neither the score nor the scorekeeper.  All He sees is his child, redeemed by Christ.

God’s love for you and his choice of you constitute your worth.  Accept that and let it become the most important thing in your life. 
~B Manning
The Rabbi’s Heart

The grand day of our lives is the day we begin to accept the fact that God honestly likes you and me, not just loves us because He theologically has to love us. 

God likes us! 

That is an amazing discovery. 

I rest my case.  I’m pretty cool in God’s eyes, and so are you.

Please watch this



 My Prayer for All of Us

God

Oh for grace to trust your great love for me, even as I am and as I want to be.

Amen


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment