Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Labels Revisited

I have some encouraging news for you today.  I’ve written about it before, and it still burns on my heart.  Maybe this is just exactly what you need right now.  I hope so.

I want to talk about the labels that are sometimes attached to us.  Labels mostly hurt.  They can sting for years.

You know some of the more common ones. 
      Fatso
           Clumsy
                Stupid

How about …
  Loser
  Jerk of the year
  Mr. Selfish
  Miss Know It All
  Mr. Wise Acre


Labels hurt.  They are no fun, and sometimes they hang around for a very long time, and we even start to believe the negative press a label brings.

I have some good news.  Listen carefully, cause this is going to bring some tremendous relief.





Christ, the forgiving one, looks beyond any label we have ever worn and sees each of us.  He sees our potential and our future opportunities.  He comes and walks beside us with grace and help in every situation.

No longer shall anything in our past haunt us again.  Christ wants to take the messes of our lives and redeem them.  He wants to remove them from us as far as the east is from the west, and His promise is to never remember them against us anymore.  That is amazing.  Psalm 103:12

Never again will we be bothered by our past: past sins, past labels, past mistakes, past failures.

We have a future with hope all laid out for us and a brand new beginning found in the accepting arms of Christ our redeemer.  Jeremiah 29:11

How about that? 

If you want to step into this kind of life of freedom from past restraints, past failures and past sins, will you ask Christ for that? 

Here is a simple prayer.

Christ, Son of God

I have some mileage on me.  I’m road weary.  I’ve been a few places and done a few things.  I would really like for you to take these burdens of my past life off me. 

Forgive me, like it says above.  Redeem what is left of my life to redeem.  And remove these labels, even from my memory.  Let me experience a fresh start.  Let me find redemption and forgiveness in you. 

Amen.

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment