Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Friday, August 10, 2018

Don't Believe What You've Been Told


Don’t Believe What You’ve Been Told

My Dear Child:

You have been told a lot of stuff in your years of living.  Just for the record, I want to set the record straight.

Here's what you have been told.

The world is doomed.
There is no hope.
Mankind is weak, self-interested, myopic.

You can’t make good choices for yourself.
You let others do the thinking for you.
You can't do that.

You can't go there.
You can't say that.
You can't think that.

You are weak.
You are inadequate.
You are a nobody.

Leave that alone. You don't know what you're doing.
Only the strong survive.
You're not pretty enough.

You're born on the wrong side of the tracks.
You're the wrong color.
You speak the wrong language.

You didn't go to the right university.
You don't have a badge of authority.
You live in the wrong neighborhood.

Well, that is probably enough.

Here's what I want to tell you.

I am here. 
I am watching over you. 
I've never once abandoned you or your world. 
I've never taken a nap or dozed off.
I am not casting your fate to the winds.

I have a plan for you.
I care about everything you care about.
I have this incredible capacity of love for you.  I've said this in countless ways. I've had writers, poets, singers, philosophers, teachers and many others try and communicate to you about my immense capacity for love, yet, somehow, the message still escapes many. 

And so, my patience and grace continues.  I keep searching for more singers and writers, poets and philosophers to keep drumming this one theme. 

I LOVE MY CREATION!

You value yourself in pennies.  I see you as diamonds and precious jewels. 

You think you are wasted, dried up, a shriveled specimen of humanity. I see you as one with immense potential and great possibilities. 

You simply need to believe in the unique and beautiful you and in your God who doesn't make mistakes. 

I shall tell you again. 

I LOVE YOU!

Will you accept my love?

Your God, Your Papa, Your Abba


Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment