Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hope after Heartbreak

When the devastation of life knocks us down, where do we turn for help in getting back up?

When heartbreak knocks on our door, where do we find our footing for the next steps that must be taken?

I knew a man in Texas who had to endure a serious drug relapse with his wife.  Those were dark and desperate days, yet he found hope in the scriptures and came out on solid ground on the other side.  One of the verses he found was in Jeremiah.

“With certainty I have great plans for you; plans for goodness and not for harm, for I want you to enjoy a future with hope.” (PMB Paraphrase)  Jeremiah 29:11


In Tennessee there is a friend who faced financial setbacks so severely that he was forced into bankruptcy.  Again, hope was found in the scriptures.

"If I can clothe the flowers in the fields, and I can notice when a sparrow falls to the ground, don’t you think I can also take care of you?  Don’t worry.  If I can take care of the flowers and sparrows, I can certainly take care of you as well.”  (PMB Paraphrase)  Matthew 6:25-34

Do you need more assurance?  Note this.

In the Bible, John 16:33  Christ is speaking.

“In this world troubles will come along.  But have hope.  I have overcome the world.” (PMB paraphrase)

We can’t stop bad things from knocking on our door; however, we can be assured of the peace and presence of God almighty in the middle of the madness. 

Does that give you hope?  It surely does that for me. 

Psalm 147:11 talks about God delighting in those of us who place our hope in his unfailing love. 

A hope in His never failing love

I can get that concept. 

I have faced some desperate times, and every time, in the middle of my desperation, I've found the kind of hope of which we speak. 

I have found it again and again in the Word of God.

Thank God there is great hope after life’s heartbreaks.


Please watch this



My Prayer for You

God:

We are learning.  We are learning to rely on you, to rely on your faithfulness, and to rely on the peace and hope you give us in the middle of our messes. 

You bring peace.
You bring power.
You bring stability.
You bring hope.

What a mighty God you are.

With all that is within me, I say Thanks. 

Thank you Lord for what you have done and for what you will continue to do.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment