Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trust

The fog had rolled in.  Actually it was more like a fog gone wild.  It hung heavily in the air.  The travelers on this day had to walk with extra caution.

A small child was walking precariously, for she had lost her way and she didn't know which way to turn. 

She called out.  “Papa?  Are you here?  Can you see me?’

She waited, and called again. 

“Papa?  I can’t see which way to go.  Can you see me?”

And the answer came.

“My child.  I see you.  I am here.  Take my hand.  Hold tightly, and trust me.  I will lead you to safety.”

“Oh Papa.  I’m scared.”

“Have no fear, little one.  I am here. 


I have some friends in the south who are facing hard days.  His cancer is running rampant through his body.  His strength is weak.  His body is frail. 

She lives in a state of stress.  Between caring for kids and grand-kids she is living day by day with cautious steps.  She is fearful.  What next?  She has no idea what tomorrow may bring.

Across the miles I whisper “trust.”  Her friends at church continually whisper “trust”

And the Father hovers near and continually whispers “Trust.”


I know a man, a good man.  He lost his job recently.  Worry floods his mind.  What will they do?  He has two small boys and another is on the way.  The wife works, and is the only one covered on her company insurance policy.  The medical bills continue.  The worries increase.

My wife is close to them.  In counseling with them both, she often whispered “trust.”

And the Father sweeps in.  He offers grace in abundance, strength for the day, assurance of His presence and peace in the middle of the daily storms.

All He asks for in return – TRUST!

And so we do. 

The words of a favorite hymn come to mind.

‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know “thus saith the Lord.”

And the last line of the refrain says this …

“Oh for grace to trust Him more”

The one on whom we call has a strong grip and good ears.  He leads us through the fog as He holds our hand, and His ears hear our cry, even when muffled with care and worry.

And He always has His eye on us, for He stands tall above the fog and can see the way with clarity.

Trust His hand.
Trust His heart.

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment