Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, October 5, 2017

But the Future Is So Frightening

Some say, “That man in North Korea frightens me.  I’m afraid he’s going to do something stupid and blow all of us into tiny pieces.”

Others say, “And our President … he is so …!  What is that all about?"

Prices are continually rising.
Jobs are being eliminated.
The world as we know it is changing so fast, I can hardly keep up.

Conspiracy theories abound on every subject, every incident and behind every trigger pulled.

We’re told that Russia meddled in our election.  (What’s new?)

Have you had your chip implanted yet?  THEY need to keep up with the likes of you and me, you know.

Oh my.  What a dismal future we face. 

And yet … I have hope. 

My bible tells me this …

“Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for
you.”  I Peter 5:7

“Be not afraid nor dismayed, for I, the Lord your God, will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 and other locations)

When it seems the world is lost, the world will end, or “we are going to hell in a hand-basket” (whatever that means), take heart.  God is still in His place.  He still has eyes on our situations – both individually and globally.

In John 16:33 we are reminded: “I have told you these things, so that you will find peace in me.  You will have trouble in this world. However, take heart.  I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33


I don’t read anything in there that says we will escape hardships.  I DO read that God will be with us in the middle of the hardships.


Yes, the future is frightening.

Here’s the really great news … God is bigger than any frightening future we will experience.

Be confident in this one thing.



Hope Encouragement Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment