Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Safety Net of Grace

I love ideal circumstances.  I love perfect scenarios.  I love when things go right.  

And if I fall … if ideal circumstances crumble and perfect scenarios crash and burn, what then?

I then find that I “land in the safety net of absolute grace” as Philip Yancey puts it. 



Consider this … “The ground is level when we stand before God.”

Robbers and thieves, preachers and prayer warriors all stand the same before God.  He is no respecter of persons – he doesn’t cater to the rich and powerful and leave out the lowly and poor.

His grace flows to each of us. 

God’s love and grace flows to all of us in equal measure, because we all stand as equals before God. 

Grace is our safety net.  It is the great equalizer.  God’s love knows no color barrier, no favored language, nor does he keep a list of our wrongs and he does not hang a sign around our neck proclaiming our deficiencies.

Grace flows all the way to and through you and me, and to Arabs, Frenchmen, Syrians, Egyptians, Democrats, CNN newscasters, and leaders of the Baptist and Nazarene denominations.  And it flows to Catholics and Jews. 

God’s grace flows all the way to where you and I live and breathe.

How amazing is that?

We have nowhere to land but in the great big safety net of God’s amazing and abundant grace.

Some of us may slip in, some may fall in, some may jump in, and some may stagger in, yet we all have access to this large net of God’s grace to catch us when we need it the most.

When we experience grace, we are receiving God’s blessing rather than a curse for what we might deserve.  Grace is God’s mercy and kindness extended to us in our underserving moments.

Ephesians 2:8 reminds us of this: “For by grace you are saved through faith; and this is not something you can do for yourself; it is the gift of God.”
I love safety nets.
I love security blankets.
I love large bank account for old age.
I love a well-stocked pantry for cold and snowy winter nights.

I really love the safety net of God’s great grace.

Thanks be to God.



Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment