Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Hands of God

What do the hands of God look like?  I imagine they look like this.
 
These are the hands of Mother Theresa.  The stories they tell, the lives they’ve touched … it staggers the imagination when we think about all that these hands have done for the good of mankind.

And consider these hands.  And consider what
they do for the benefit of mankind.

Just because they are not Mother Theresa’s hands does not negate their worth and value.

Small acts, from small and unknown hands, lead to giant works of love and grace in God’s kingdom. 

A personal story … I have a friend who lives near me from Nigeria.  His friends and family in Nigeria make lovely baskets and ship them to my friend Kebe.

Just two days ago I found out he was having a bit of a financial crises.  I quietly slipped him a twenty-dollar bill.  The thanks and appreciation I received far out-valued the worth of that bill.  My hands became God’s hands in that small gesture. 

And guess what?  The next day … the very next day, Kebe came to me and repaid me.  His words to me were precious, esteeming, and soul-filling words of gratitude.  He elevated me to a level I do not deserve, yet in his eyes, I was a savior of sorts.

All I did was use what I had at hand and I gave it in the name of the Lord.

My friend Jim is a song writer, arranger, keyboardist and very creative individual.  This morning I’ve been listening to his new project.  My heart is enlarged because of Jim’s work with his hands.  And many others will experience that as well.

I have doctor friends and I think often of how their hands become the hands of God in performing the healing arts.

My singer friends heal when they sing words that lend themselves to soul communication.

I suppose at times my hands become the hands of God when I write my books and blogs.  They whip out a string of letters, then words, then sentences and paragraphs and that turns into hope and encouragement for people. 
 
What do your hands do? 

I have a book by my side – Works of Love are Works of Peace.  It is a photographic record of Mother Theresa’s life by Michael Collopy. 

I quote Mother Theresa:

So you begin.  I begin.  I picked up one person – maybe if I didn’t pick up that one person I wouldn’t have picked up the others. 

The whole work is only a drop in the ocean.  But if we don’t put the drop in, the ocean would be one drop less.

Same thing for you.  Same thing for your family.  Same thing in the church where you go.  Just begin.  One … One … One.
~Works of Love are Works of Peace Page 35


Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment