Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Is God Still in Control

Have you ever seen such a time as this? 
~Global warming … or not
~America elects the President nobody wanted
~Isis in control of Washington
~The Trojan Horse is alive and well in
   America
~Oil runs out in 2028
~Big Brother is everywhere
~The Anti-Christ implant is coming

Wow!  What fantastical events we possibly face – and all of these pseudo-headlines are out of my own imagination.

Okay, take a deep breath and consider this. 

Yes – we have some horrible circumstances brewing in this world.  We have some brilliant world leaders on stage, and we have some despicable desperados. 

Now what?

Hang with me for another minute. 

I read this a few minutes ago …

Though the fig tree does not bud
And there are no grapes on the vines,
Though the olive crop fails
And the fields produce no food,
Though there are no sheep in the pen
And no cattle in the stalls

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to tread on the heights.
(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Despite it all, God is our strength.
He makes me sure-footed like a deer,
I can climb higher … just because HE IS IN CONTROL!

The old hymn assures us of this …
     When all around my soul gives way
     He then is all my hope and stay

Need strengthening?
Don’t go to LA Fitness, or Gold’s Gym, or your local weight-lifting station.

Habakkuk says THE SOVEREIGN LORD IS MY STRENGTH!

And I cling to that today.

Thanks be to God!


Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment