Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 5, 2016

God Wants You to Know

Here are some strong words of encouragement that God wants you to know.

 Deuteronomy 31:6
“Do not be afraid or terrified.  I your God will be with you.  Never will I leave you nor forsake you.”


Isaiah 43:1-2
“This is what God has to say.  I who created Jacob and formed Israel.  I command you – do not fear.  I have redeemed you.  I have called you by name; You are mind. 

“When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you.
When you pass through raging rivers, they will not sweep you away.
When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not land on you. I am the Lord your God.  I am the Holy one of Israel, your Savior.”


Psalm 121:1-4
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains? Where does my help come from?  My help comes from God himself.  He is the maker of heaven and earth.  He never will let my foot slip.

“My God who watches over me will not slumber.
Indeed, He who keeps watch over Israel will never slumber nor sleep.”


John 3:16
“God loved the world so much that He gave his only Son, Jesus Christ, so that all who believe on His name shall inherit eternal life.  God did not send His Son to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”

God showed such great love for us that He sent Jesus to die on a cross and thus extend to you and me eternal life. 

His love is not based on performance, on our being good enough.  None of us are good enough.  Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.  Even before we had a chance to confess any sin, God was standing ready to offer us forgiveness because of what Christ has done. 

In spite of our disobedience, our weakness, our sin and selfishness, Christ loves us and is providing a way to us to have abundant and eternal life. 

Remember His words on the cross?  “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.”

Even in his death, he was offering pardon for those putting him to death.  And I think He is offering you and me this same level of forgiveness today.  We are often compared to sheep.  Sheep are dumb.  They can’t help but get into trouble, and the Father knows this.  WE can’t help but foul things up.  We try, or not, to be good enough, yet we fail miserably.  And He loves us anyway.

Can you imagine the love he offers us in light of this one example? 

We don’t deserve His love.
We can’t earn it.

But we can receive it with simple faith, and we can pause and give God thanks for the amazing grace that you and I receive today.

Thanks be to God.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment