Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Does God Want Me

I had an epiphany tonight as I was thinking about this blog.  My use of this term is this:  “A moment when you suddenly realize or understand something important.”

So here it is.

When searching through my blog ideas I shot up a prayer something like this:  “God, what do you want to say through me tonight?”

I stopped in my tracks and had an internal conversation much like this.

“Who do you think you are, Mr. Biggs, that God would dare want to use you?  Look at you.  Look at what meager accomplishments you have to show for yourselves. 

“Look at where your thoughts have traveled this week.  Remember that vindictive conversation you had with yourself over John? 

“And God knows this and that.  He knows your worst sins, and your weakest moments.  He knows what you are lousy at.  He knows how you fumble the ball often in some certain areas.  He knows your dumbest blunders and worst behaviors. 

“How dare you think God would want to use the likes of you?”

Does this sound like conversations you've had with yourself lately?  You wonder how God could ever love you, like you even, and especially, especially have any useful place in His kingdom for you to fulfill. 

We all do I suppose.  So is there any hope for the likes of us?  I think so. 

Start with these thoughts.

“I will never leave you or forsake you.”  Note that there are no qualifiers here.  He doesn't say ‘after you right all wrongs, after you clean up, wash your mouth out with lye soap, put on clean clothes, and a few thousand other actions.  No, He doesn't say any of that.  He just says “I’ll never leave you.” 

I think that means He is with us even in the middle of the bad times, bad attitudes, bad language, bad actions and worse reactions.

And in another place He says, “Come unto me, everyone who is weary, heavy hearted, and worn out.  I will give you rest.”  That is my paraphrase but the nugget of truth is there.  Again, there are no restrictions on who should not approach.  He says “all, everyone, every nationality, every color, every sexual label, and every degree of health or sickness.” 

“Come one and all” is the intent.

So, when we go back to my opening thought, I posed the idea of “why would
God want to use the likes of me and you?

Why?

Because He sees that spark of divinity inside each of us the He placed there at our conception.  He sees what we are capable of – all the good, the right, the acceptable, and the possibilities that He had in mind when we were conceived.  And He loves us as much now, in whatever state of upswing or downward trend we may be on, as He loved us on the day of our meager beginning.

Does God want to use you and me?

You bet He does.  He wants us so badly that He opened both arms in love and let some nails be driven through His hands and feet, and He died on a Roman cross just for us.  

Just for you and just for me.

God wants to use us to reach others of His children. 

It is the “being willing to be willing” part He is seeking. 

Are you willing?

Please watch this video 
of Crystal Lewis - 
Come just as You Are.


A Prayer for All of Us

God:
If you can use me I am willing to be willing.

So here I come, warts and all, the false parts, the foul parts, the hard places, and the distrust and lack of faith parts.  I bring it all to you.

Just as I am, just like the song says.

It’s just me God.  Just little ole’ me.

A scared child seeking a big miracle from an even bigger God.  I can’t even imagine how you might ever use me, but if you can use the likes of me, then take me as I am.

Amen.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment