Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Ups and Downs of the Present Moment


The Ups and Downs 
of the Present Moment

How are you doing in this up and down, topsy-turvy world?  If you believe the news sources on any given day, we are headed for a recession, melting polar ice caps, the collapse of civilization, the President being ousted, Congress in revolt, and a civil war could break out at any moment.

So, how are you doing in all this?

There is one thing I know in the middle of all this madness and uncertainty. 

GOD IS IN CONTROL!

I believe that.

I trust that.

I trust that God is not asleep at the wheel, that He is aware of everything that is spinning around us, and aware of all the players on stage in this drama of the life we live.  I trust that He is watching, and perhaps, intervening in small and subtle ways that we can’t see with our human eyes, and yet His hand is working nevertheless.

In all the years of my life, I’ve never escaped some hard places.  God never promised I would.  What He did promise was that He would be with me “wherever I go”. 

So, come what may, I’m holding onto the only solid truth I can find – God knows where we are every moment of every day.  He is with us at the peak of the stock market and in the valley of the crash.  He is with us in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and through it all, He is going to see us through.

Ultimately, man is not in control.  God is in control. 

I’m staking my life on that!


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration


1 comment: