Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Finding Grace


Finding Grace

This thought struck me this morning – Finding Grace.  How many times in my life have I found grace. 

The premise for this thought is Hebrews 4:16.  We are encouraged to “approach God with confidence, so as to receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”

This kind of grace is of the God-kind.  It flows from his merciful and kind heart, because He always has His eyes on us. 

God’s grace has come to me in the form of a subtle sense, an inner voice, if you will that guides me to do or not to do a certain thing.  After the fact, I have found that nudging to be spot on.  That was God’s grace.

I’ve experienced God’s grace as a presence in the middle of difficulties and hard places in life.  When the challenges come, I still experience God’s grace that helps in our time of need. 

The verse that is highlighted above takes some mulling and some cogitating.  Often, we humans seem tentative in approaching God.  Our shame, our angst, our bad choices, our past life often gets in the way and we reason, “Why would God even want to see me or talk to me.  I’m such a
doo-doo (long OO).

That is the exact opposite of what this verse says.  It is as if God is saying, “I know you.  I formed you. I know your proclivities, I know your instinct and your nature.  I know your faults and failures and your victories and success.  I love you through it all.  All I want is your heart to trust in me.  Believe in my love, for I do love you everlastingly.”

If you are one who needs to find grace today, come back to the God who invites you in.  Whatever you face, GRACE can be yours in this moment of need.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment