Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, June 23, 2019

When God Looks at Me


When God Looks at Me

When God looks at me, what does He see?  What does He think?  What does He know about me?

Have you ever wondered and pondered those questions for yourself?  Come along with me for a stroll and a chat.

Here’s what I believe about God’s thoughts toward me and you.

He counts every hair on my head.  You too.  That’s a pretty insignificant thing, don’t you think?  My number of hairs changes daily, and yet, somehow, God keeps track.  If He does a simple task like that, is there, perhaps, more that God notices about you and me?

He knows my name.  Jeremiah 1:5 tells us this:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.  Before you were born I set you apart.”  This verse is not just for Jeremiah.  It is for all of us. 

And in Isaiah 43:1 we read: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you.  I have called you by name.  You are mine.”

To be known and recognized by an all-wise God is a profound thought.  We’re not nobodies.  We’re not being ignored, no matter where we live or regardless of the battles and struggles we face day by day.

We are known by God!

 God loves You.  God loves Me.  How many times have you heard that one?  And yet, we can gloss over those words with a shrug and a “Yeah, so?  Tell me something I didn’t know.”

He has revealed His love in the manger, in the Temple to a prostitute caught in the act, in the acceptance of tax collectors named Matthew and Zacchaeus, in the parable of the prodigal son, to the thief on the cross who received the promise of paradise at the 11th hour, and countless other incidents revealed in the scriptures.

His love goes beyond our appearance, our sins, our past, our unrighteousness decisions and our strong proclivities.  HE LOVES US AS WE ARE, NOT AS WE SHOULD BE!

May these thoughts bring comfort and encouragement to your heart and mind.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment