Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, February 24, 2019

It's a Good Thing I'm Not God


It’s a Good Thing I’m Not God

I’m not God.  I can’t paint very well, I get some colors mixed up from time to time – like brown and green, purple and blue.  If I had created this universe, WoW!  You would really be amazed at the color scheme.

And If I were God, there are more than a few politicians with whom I’d deal a severe infliction of some type yet unknown.

No.  I’m not God. 

I’m not as loving as God.
I’m not as full of grace as I talk about how God is full of grace.

I don’t love all mankind equally, as God loves all mankind.

I don’t have the patience to be God.

I don’t have the wisdom to be God.

And I have too good a memory to be God.  I learned a long time ago that God removes our sins from us as far as the East is from the West, and He never remembers them against us again.  I can’t do that.  Once, in eighth grade, there was this kid – Larry.  And he …

Well, never mind. 

No, I’m not God. 

However, I’m glad God is not napping.
I’m glad He is not on vacation.
I’m glad He doesn’t show favoritism.

And I’m especially glad for His love and forgiveness for my own frailties. 

And you, too, benefit from that love and forgiveness.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment