Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Will God Help Me

Let me tell you a story.

A six-year-old boy was digging in his sandbox when he hit a hard object.  The more he dug around it the more he revealed a rather large rock.  When he had uncovered enough of it he began moving it closer to the edge of his box.

He got to the edge and just could not lift or maneuver or use enough leverage to get the rock up and over the lip of his sandbox.

He began to fret.  His father heard him and came to see what was going on.

The son explained and then his dad asked, “Why didn’t you use all the strength you had available?”

The young boy was confused, and in his defense he proudly stated, “But Dad, I did use all of my strength available.”

Gently, with great kindness, the father bent down and said, “No son.  You didn’t use all the strength available to you.  You didn’t ask me, and I am available to help.”

And with that the father reached down and easily lifted the rather large rock and tossed it out of the sandbox.”

End of the story, but the meaning never ends.


We fret.  We grunt.  We maneuver.  We scheme.  We try to do life on our own, and yet we find ourselves on the short end of things.  Life just doesn’t seem to work out the way we hoped for.

Meanwhile, God is standing nearby offering His strength, His hand of help.  All that was needed was a simple prayer of “Help”. 

God is not an ogre.  He is not mean, nor does he mock us in our humanness.  He stands ready to assist with the large and small rocks that make up our lives.

The important thing is to reach out and ask for his help.  He wants to be in the mundane decisions just as much as He wants a hand in the big choices and big decisions.

Will you and I reach out and ask for His help?

Ask and you shall receive.  Seek and you shall find.  Knock and the door will be opened before you.”  Matthew 7:7

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.

And we are encouraged to come to Him with our burdens and cares.

Cast all your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you.  I Peter 5:7

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me all who are weary and heavy hearted; I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn.  I am gentle and humble.  You will discover rest for your soul.  My yoke is easy.  My burden is light.  Come.

The rocks are many.  The load is heavy.  The way is steep.  The sun is hot and the road is long.  Invite God himself on the journey and He will help carry the burden.

Use all the strength that is available to you.

Trust Him!


Internet Church
Offering Words of
Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment