Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, September 19, 2015

When God Looks at You

If God were to sit across from you, what would He see?  As He gazed deeply into your eyes, what revelations would come to Him?

Do these questions make you feel uncomfortable?  Does fear strike at your heart at the very thought of sitting down with God in an intimately close conversation such as this?  It probably does for most of us.  Yes indeed, it would be unnerving.

Perhaps there is another way to view this kind of intimate close-up with God.  Keep reading please.

If God were to sit across from you and me, I think the He might say some affirming and esteeming words such as these ...

“You are my beloved child.  I love you with such a depth of love.  I doubt you will ever understand just how much I love you.  The greatest poets and song writers try to un-wrap this love relationship I have with you, but they pale in comparison to the real deal.”

God is still talking.  “Here are some thoughts I think toward you.

“I love you right now, this very minute, just as you are and not as you should be.  I love your torn jeans, your sweaty tee-shirt, your dirty tennis shoes and your bad breath.

“I love your efforts to do right, and I even love you when you are so far from me. 

“I love you as you run away from me and try and drown your fears and angst in a bottle of cheap bourbon or at the end of a needle stuck in your arm.

“I love you when you piously attend church dressed in your Sunday best, though your mind is on the football game, or you are thinking about the last deal you made or the next one coming up.

“I love you even as you pull up to your secret rendezvous to meet your lover.

“I love you when you do your taxes, and when you take a shower. 

“I love you when you are 95 and can hardly move out of bed and need help with simple bodily functions.

“I love you when you discipline your kids, hard as that may be, and I love you in the middle of the madness of an argument with your spouse.

“I love you on Monday mornings on your way to work, and I love you on Friday afternoons at 6PM when you head into your weekend.

“I think of you all the time.  I watch over you.   I hear your angst, your frustrations in conversations, and your laughter in the fun moments and the tender moments you express to that one person above all others who holds your heart’s affections.

“I have used the word love 15 times already, and yet that doesn’t measure the immense amount of compassion and deep feelings I have for you.

“I know your disappointments.
“I know ever fear.
“I know every wish that is yet unfilled in your heart.
“I know what you are best at and what task you dread doing.

“Do you see?  I like you and I love you.

“So, when I say ‘I want to be nearby, just remember I won’t intrude.  I’ll slip only into the places and spaces you offer up to me. 

“However, I will never stop loving you.

“Never!

Your God!



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment