Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Whatever You Face-Read This

I have some encouraging words for you.  Hope we can spend a few minutes together right now.

What are you facing?
Got heartbreak?
Got problems?
Got some issues that are about to drown you?

Hold on my friend. Here is a word of hope.

God himself knows your predicament.  He sees your dilemma and He is standing nearby. 

Do you remember the words the angel Gabriel spoke to Mary, the mother of Jesus?  He said, “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”

“NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE.”

That is a terrific word of hope. 

This reminds me of a chorus we used to sing in the church of my youth.  Here are the lyrics.



That gives me hope.
That encourages me.

Let me tell you a true story.
In 1998 I was facing a financial catastrophe.  If ever I needed a miracle, this was the time and place for one.

On a Friday in October my boss called me into his office for our weekly update report.

I began to tell him of my activities and results for the week and he stopped me in mid-sentence.  Jimmy leaned back in his chair, and said …

“I don’t know quite how to do this.  I’ve never had anything like this happen before.”

I did not know what to expect.  I was fearful I might be fired.

And then Jimmy continued.  He said, “You have some friends who know you are going through a rough time and they wanted to give this to you and hope it helps.”

He then reached into his shirt pocket and handed me an envelope.  I felt of it and could tell it had some cash in it, but how much? 

I opened it and found $3,000 inside.

I was speechless. 
   I was moved. 
         I cried. 

This song says it all.  My God moved a mountain that day, and He parted the deep waters of trouble I faced and in my lap landed a miracle.

And He can do the same for you.  Oh, your miracle will probably look different from mine, but He stands ready to do for you what you can’t do for yourself.  He will be with you in the middle of your most anxious moments of life.

In Philippians 4:19 we find these words:

“My God will meet all your needs
according to His riches in glory
through Jesus Christ.”

My prayer for you is that your faith will reach up to Him right now. 

Please watch; 


I will be praying for you.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment