Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Faithful

Did you hear me singing tonight?  Surely those of you around Atlanta and on the East coast heard me.

I know my friends and family in Tennessee probably heard me, for I was singing real loud.

We went to an organ concert tonight and a hymn-sing broke out.  We sang my favorite hymn – Great Is Thy Faithfulness.

I sounded real good – and as loud as I could, I sang with my whole heart.  You see, I have been, and continue to be, a recipient of the faithfulness of God’s goodness.  I imagine you have received His faithfulness also.  Maybe you have forgotten some of those moments because you've been caught up in the hard places in your life.

Let me help you recapture some of those moments when God has shown His faithfulness to you.

One of the phrases says:  “There is no shadow of turning with thee.”  God gives us a promise – “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5

And the next line reminds us of this:  “Thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not.  As thou has been, thou forever will be”  That one is found in Hebrews 13:8 and it says:  “Jesus Christ is the same – yesterday, today and forever.”
  
In verse 3 we are reminded of this:
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth.  Look at Micah 7:18 for that one:  “Who is a God like you, who forgives and pardons our sins and transgressions.”

And the second part of that lyric: Check out Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which exceeds anything our feeble minds can understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Christ.   

The lyric continues:
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten-thousand beside

And when we sang the refrain, I tried really hard to be heard up in New York and Boston.

Refrain
Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me


I kind of like this song just a wee little bit.  You see, I've needed the faithfulness of God in my life.  I've stumbled some, and lost my way more than once.  I've made some dumb decisions, I've let the cheese fall off my cracker a time or two and had to have God’s help to reach down and put it back in place.

I've been one who has been in great need of God’s faithfulness. 

And you know what?  He comes through. 

HE COMES THROUGH!

And if he comes through for me, I know He will come through for you too. 

If you need to experience the faithfulness of the Faithful One, call to him, right now.  He has left his light on and there is food on the table and a warm embrace awaiting you.


Now, treat yourself to this inspiring rendition of this song




P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment