Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What If I Stumble


What If I Stumble

An intriguing title that demands our attention, doesn’t it?  And don’t we all stumble sometimes? 

To paraphrase Brennan Manning:  Christ comes for the sinners, the outcast, those in the middle of squalid choices, failed dreams.  He comes for corporate executives, street people, superstars, farmers, hookers, addicts, IRS agents, AIDs victims, and even used car salesmen.

And especially guys who write blogs and make podcasts. 

I guess that includes just about every one of us. 

All of us are invited into fellowship with the redeemer of the world.  He already knows what we are, what we’ve done.  Now, He wants to help us with all of that and then to give each of us a future with hope. 

Any more, I’ve come to know I’ll never be perfect enough, holy enough, righteous enough. 

But, you see, I call on a forgiving God, a grace-offering God, a redeeming God.  He sees me, knows me, and loves me, and you too.

And when we allow Him to enter our lives, He says things like:

“My grace is sufficient for you.”
“I’ll remove your sins from you as far as the east is from the west.”
“I love you.”

So, bring your stumbles, your scrapes and bruises, and the broken pieces of life, your disappointments and scandals to the one who can piece it all back together.

He knows us in our stumbling and mumbling state, and He wants a chance to show us what He can do with all those broken pieces.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment