Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, September 24, 2016

God Loves our Cracks and Flaws

(A video version if you prefer)




Some browsers can't recognize 
the above video link. If that is the 
case for you, please use this one. 



I have a lyric in my files and I want to share it with you.



I teach a Sunday school class at my church that has 12-15 faithful souls ranging in age from 20-90.  Last Sunday I wanted to make a point of telling them they are still individuals of worth and value.  Yes, even the 90-year-old. 

Isn’t that amazing?

God, in His wisdom, will come in through the cracks of our lives.  He will use the imperfect flaws, the miscues, missteps and the faltering moments, if we allow Him to.  His light will shine through.

I wrote a blog a few years ago about a cracked pot.  I want to tell you about it.


~~~
There once was a farmer who owned two pots.  One was a beautiful new pot and the other was old and cracked and broken and chipped.  Every day, the farmer would load his two pots onto his horse and start down the hill to the well.  After filling both pots he would start the journey back home.  By the time the farmer reached his home, the cracked pot would be just about emptied out.  Almost all of the water had leaked out.

One day, after their morning trip, the cracked pot complained to the farmer.  “I’m useless.  I’m no good.  I’m full of cracks and have lots of broken places.  Of what value am I to you?”

The farmer smiled and gently replied.  “Do you see the road that we travel on the way to the well every day?  I always put you on the left side of the horse.  Have you noticed the lovely flowers on that side?  They are beautiful because of you.  I know about your cracks and weaknesses, and as we have traveled this road for all this time you have been watering those flowers and making the road beautiful 

You may be cracked and broken, yet you have a usefulness just like the other pot.  You are just as cherished in my home as the other pot.  Never forget that.
~~~ 

You see, God’s light shines through the cracks in our lives.  And He has done it down through the ages, for He has used a few less-than-perfect individuals.

Zacchaeus was a crooked tax collector, yet Christ called him out.  And after meeting Jesus he pledged to give back double what he had stolen.

Peter had a denial issue.  He was supposed to be a strong follower of Christ, yet in a weak moment, he lost his stand.

David was immoral.  After his affair with Bathsheba he had her husband killed in battle so he could claim her for his own.

How is God using our cracks and flaws?  He can and will, if we allow Him to.

In II Corinthians 12:9 we find this: 
Paul had something called an infirmity, a great weakness.  He prayed many times for God to remove the problem.  Here is God’s response. 

“No, I will not remove this affliction.  Remember, however, I am with you; that is all you need.  My power shows up best in weak and broken people.”


Good news!  Even in our cracked and broken state, God’s light shines through us and He dares to use us even in our weak and broken state.  How beautiful is that?

Internet Church
Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment