Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Where Does God Show Up

I have a quote from an old book that is new and fresh for today.

“The most fixed thing of all
about God is His very flexibility.
He has a way of showing up 
at the most unexpected 
times and places.”
~Bob Benson – Come Share the Being

I just got a phone call thirty minutes before I started writing this thought.  My friend Bob passed away on Wednesday.  Nancy, his wife, is experiencing the very presence of God here in Washington state.

Just today, another friend – Luke -  passed away.  Just as surely as God is with Luke’s family in Texas, He is with Nancy. 

God is with my friend Louis tonight.  He is in a local hospital facing surgery. 

And God is with my pastor and yours as they prepare for tomorrow’s church services. 

See that red SUV turning left at the corner.  That soccer mom is headed to yet another game for her eleven-year-old, and He is with her as surely as He is watching over you and me right this moment.

God has the amazing ability to show up in the unusual, the out-of-the-way and the down and dirty places of our lives.

My friends at Union Gospel Mission in downtown Seattle often catch a glimpse of God walking the halls and comforting the ones they serve.

Every day, in my travels, I pass a make-shift ‘tent city’ on the side of a main thoroughfare near downtown Seattle.  God is on duty there every day as well.

Tonight Carolyn and I took a walk along Sunset and admired the lovely homes and some amazingly beautiful rose gardens.  You know what?  God shows up there as well.

If you’ve ever felt lost, alone and abandoned, regardless of your address or whether you sleep in a tent or a temple, God knows exactly where you are. 

He has His eye on you and He cares for you.

In the Bible – Joshua 1:9



Even if you think you are going through hell, then keep going, for God is with you, even to the end of the world.

Thanks be to God!

P Michael Biggs
Internet Church
Offering Hope 
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment