Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, April 16, 2016

The World Will Not End at Election Time

If we listened to and believed most of the news today, one would think the world is going to end come election time in America. 
~Some like Donald.  Some hate him. 
~Some trust Bernie.  Some despise him. 
~Some believe Ted is a great man.  Others believe he is a liar. 
~Some trust Hillary.  Some want to crucify her.

So, we have a mixed bag of emotions that have escalated to a high level over this race for president of the US. 

And if the RIGHT person is not put in place, well, you better watch out.  The world will end as we know it, or so they say.

This is not a political rant.  This is not a political positional statement.

This is, perhaps, a word of hope and a reminder to all of us as to who is still in control of this world.

Big    G
Big    O
Big    D

G O D !

Where is your faith?  Where is your confidence in God the creator?  Let’s allow His word to reassure us.

Joshua 1:9 reminds us:  “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous; do not fear, and don’t be dismayed.  I your God will be with you wherever you go.”

If Hillary is elected I will be with you.
If Donald wins, I’m there for you. 

Need more?

Mark 6:50 says this:  “Take courage.  It is I.”
In this particular instance Christ’s disciples were in a boat in the middle of a terrible storm.  The winds were fierce, the waves were swamping the boat and their oars seemed useless.  Along comes Christ with great words of hope.  Take courage.  I am here. 

We in a storm of deceit, half-truths, empty promises and great upheaval. 
God wants to settle us down with these words.  Take courage.  I am here.  I see the storms and winds and waves.  I see the lies and half truths.  Never fear.  I’m still nearby.

And finally – Psalm 118:6-7:  “God is with me; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?  The Lord is with me; He is helping me.”

After the election – God is with me.
Will you like or despise the agenda of the new president?  Regardless, the Lord is nearby.  He is helping you and me accept, adapt, and survive.

You want to know what I see through all of this? 

We need a huge dose of FAITH in God. 

We need FAITH that God supersedes, and overrides and is watching and caring. 

And this even extends to people in other lands.  They have their problems too.  And God’s eye is on them just as it is on America.

Got FAITH?

Be encouraged.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment