Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, May 9, 2015

You Are Valid

The human condition craves this above all other necessitates – Validation!

We want to know that we matter to someone.  We want to know a connection has been made. 
We wonder …
Do you see me?
Do you hear me?
Does what I say and think matter?

We seek Validation
                Acceptance
                Connection

We want to know …
Am I okay? 
Did I do okay? 
Do I look okay? 
Do I sound okay? 
Was my performance okay?

Validate me – that is the cry.

Is that your cry?  Does your heart yearn for that kind of response from someone – anyone?

Probably!

Yes, it probably does, for this is the cry of the masses.

Allow me to spread some healing salve on that wound of yours and mine.  Let me add a dose of balm that might start the healing process.

Psalm 37:5-6
“Open up before God.  Don’t keep anything back.  He will do what needs to be done; He will validate your life in the clear light of day and will stamp you with His approval at noontime.”

Romans 8:31
“If God is for us, who can stand against us?”

I believe that, you know.  God is on my side, and He is on your side.  Take courage in those words today.

My favorite passage is this:
“For I know with certainty the plans I have for you says God; plans to bless you and protect you, not to harm you.  And I have in mind a future with hope just for you.”
~Jeremiah 29:11

Just to be clear, those are my interpretations of these scriptures, and feel free to read the original texts in your favorite version of the Bible.

However, the essence of the meaning is there. 

God thinks so highly of us that He watches over us, He protects us, and He has grand plans for our lives. 

Be encouraged today.  God validates us with His great love for each of us.  John 3:16 says this:  “God so loved the whole world that he gave his one and only Son, Jesus Christ.”

He loves you as you are, not as you should be.

With God, I am valid, and so are you.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment