Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 8, 2015

When Chaos Reigns

I long for a calmer time, a simpler time.  Lately I’ve been watching a lot of old Andy Griffith reruns.  What a simple life in a simple little town.  I long for that.  

Not so today.  The rule of today’s headlines is CHAOS!

Everything is in uproar.  Everything is up for grabs and subject to ten interpretations.

I could continue listing today’s newspaper headlines and news stories, but you catch my drift as to the troubles we face individually, as a nation, and as a world.

Is there any hope? 
Is there an answer?

And then God himself reminds us of his gifts of grace and peace for such a time as this.  Here is what He says. 

John 16:13 tells us this:  “In this world you will have trouble.  Hang on.  Take heart.  I your God have overcome this world.”

Joshua 1:9 says:  Be not afraid nor dismayed.  I the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go.”

In Matthew 28:20 we read:  “I am with you always, even to the end of the ages.”

 Psalm 121:3-4 reminds us of this:  “He will not allow your foot to falter or slip.  He who keeps you never slumbers.  He who keeps Israel will neither doze off nor sleep.  The LORD is your watchman.  The LORD is your shade and protector.”

The great God of the universe is on duty.  He knows about the chaos and He guides us through it. 

Thanks be to God.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment