Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Faithful One

Here is a profound quote.  Let it encourage you.




The faithfulness of God can be depended upon.  He works in ways we cannot understand.  He brings us through circumstances in life that, after the fact, we stand back and wonder “how” and “why” and then we find ourselves bowing our hearts and heads in gratitude.

Psalm 119:90 reminds us of this:
“Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
you have established the earth, and it holds fast.”

How has God proven His faithfulness to us?

In heartbreak
In loss and worry
When death comes close

When the job goes away
When the bills mount
When relationships fail
When houses are repossessed

When health flounders
When kids are unruly
When the economy crashes
When governments falter

When I’m at my worst
When I don’t pray

I find God to be faithful in all of these moments and more. 
~He never writes me off.
~He never closes the door in my face.
~He never turns a deaf ear to my cries and prayers.

He has been faithful in the middle of all my lapses and failures. 

He is the Faithful One.

Thanks be to God!


Please treat yourself to this video of He’s Been Faithful.  I pray this song gives you a tremendous surge of hope.




He’s Been Faithful
(Lyrics by Carol Cymbala)

Verse 1
In my moments of fear
Through every pain every tear
There's a God who's been faithful to me

When my strength was all gone
When my heart had no song
Still in love He's proved faithful to me

Every word He's promised is true
What I thought was impossible I see my God do

Chorus
He's been faithful, faithful to me
Looking back, His love and mercy I see
Though in my heart I have questioned
Even failed to believe
He's been faithful, faithful to me


Verse 2
When my heart looked away
The many times I could not pray
Still my God, He was faithful to me

The days I spent so selfishly
Reaching out for what pleased me
Even then God was faithful to me

Every time I come back to him
He is waiting with open arm
And I see once again



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment