Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Running Toward God

His name is spoken a thousand, yeah, a million times a day.  And the amazing thing to remember is this – He hears every call, every cry, every utterance tossed His way.

That is the amazing thing about God.  He hears and He cares.

My friend Morris had a heart scare recently.  He already runs with God and on this occasion he ran toward God even more quickly.  And God was there.

My grand niece is facing some serious health issues for a small child.  Her parents, grandparents, great grandparents and others are running toward God on VJ’s part and in support of her.  And God is there.

My nephew is facing cancer.  He is running toward God.

I know some people who are facing financial stresses.  They are running toward God.

I read a story of a prostitute recently who has a two-year-old daughter.  Every night, after finishing her trade, she comes home, tucks her little girl into bed, retires to her own room and runs into the outstretched arms of God.  And she finds grace. 

I run toward God.  I am needy.  I am sometimes a fragile man in need of redemption and the close redemptive love of my God.  And I find His grace to help in my time of need.

Do you feel that need?  Then I have some assuring news. 

God is here – now.  He is waiting just for you.  He knows your name, and what you need. 

He’s just waiting for you to come running to Him. 

What is your battle?  I read some tremendously encouraging words tonight in Exodus 14:14. 

God will fight the battle for you.

There are no qualifiers listed here.  It simply says God will fight for you, no ifs, ands, or buts’.

Need forgiveness? 
     He’s fighting for you.
Need redemption? 
     He’s fighting for you.
Need peace? 
     He’s fighting for you.
Need a fresh start? 
     He’s fighting for you.
Need reconciliation? 
     He’s fighting for you.

Whatever the size of your battle, always remember – God is fighting for you.

You are not alone.
You are not abandoned.

You have Team God on your side.

Trust!

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment