Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Press On

What do we do when the world caves in on us?
When it looks bleaker than bleak, what do we do?

Why we hold on.  We press on, in spite of the circumstances, in spite of the weather conditions, and in spite of the economic and political climate.
We remember that God loves us, and He has his eyes always on us.  He knows each of us by name.  Isaiah 43:1-3

Press on my friend.  Press on.
Good news is ahead. 

Remember this:

When you have a dream
When your dreams turn to dust
In Jesus’ name press on

When love comes along
When love leaves you in the dust
In Jesus’ name press on

When you’re on top of the world
When you’re down in the dumps
In Jesus’ name press on

When life lays the golden egg in your lap
When you lay a bad egg
In Jesus’ name press on

When you are happy
When you are in tears
In Jesus’ name press on

When people cheer you on
When people jeer on you
In Jesus’ name press on

When you feel great
When you feel like grousing
In Jesus’ name press on

When you have bucks
When you are broke
In Jesus’ name press on

When you conquer
When you are conquered
In Jesus’ name press on

When you resist evil
When you succumb to evil
In Jesus’ name press on

When you have plenty
When you are in want
In Jesus’ name press on

In good times and bad, in happiness and joy, and in sadness and sorrow, always – always – always - Press on!

God is watching over us.  Here is a promise that I personally cling to.  May it enrich your life as well.  Jeremiah 29:11


And in another place, I have found great comfort in this verse.  Joshua 1:9

Please watch this:





If the above link does not work, please click here:


My Prayer for You

God:
You amaze us.  To think that you know our names and call to us.  How can this be? 

But do you know what we've done? 
Do you know where we've been?

I want to trust you, even cling to you, but I may not be dressed the best.  I may have a bad smell because of what I've rolled around in. 

Can you still want me?

And of course the answer is “Yes”.  Always “Yes” from the God who loves me and is very fond of me.

Thank you God.  I stand amazed at your grace.

Amen.


Pastor Mike
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment