Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Has God Abandoned Us


Has God Abandoned Us

What an intriguing question.  Listen to many Facebook feeds and one would think the world is going to hell-in-a-hand-basket.  (Not sure what that means, but I’ve heard it a lot.)

Some feel sure God has abandoned us, meaning America, simply because of our present governmental leaders.  I wonder what my readers in Africa think, or my Chinese readers or Japanese readers think? 

They have different governmental styles, customs, mindsets – on and on.  And we in America think we have it bad. 

Here’s what I know.

God is still around, and His eye is on all of us.  I’ve lived through a few elections and presidents and world situations in my years of living.  All we have in the way of a promise is this … “I will be with you wherever you go.”  (Joshua 1:9)

“He never slumbers or sleeps.”  (Psalm 121:4)

I don’t know to what degree Russia invaded our election, or how much uranium Iran has, or what China and North Korea are up to.

I do know God is working in and through all of the world situations going on right this minute. 

My confidence is in the Lord.  Not man.  Not political party. Not ideology.  Not in a health plan. 

What is God up to?  He is still wooing mankind to Himself.  He still reaches out to you and me in love and grace.

That is what God is up to.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment