Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Three Strikes and You're NOT Out


Three Strikes and You’re NOT Out

Aren’t you glad God doesn’t have the ‘three-strike’ rule?  I would have been in trouble a long time ago had that rule been around. 

Instead, God keeps says “come on home.  Come back to me.  I love you.  I will forgive.”

I visited a friend in the hospital yesterday.  He is fifty-two and doesn’t have a lot to show for his life thus far.  He has spent some time in prison, lives on SSI from the government, and by his own admission, he hangs with the wrong crowd much of the time. 

He has more than three strikes against him, it appears.  We’ve been friends for nearly four years.  He knows I’m a believer, a church goer, as such, yet I’ve never used that as a weapon with which to beat him over the head.

Yesterday, during our visit, he said at least three times that he was going to start coming to ‘your church’.  He continued, “I’m reexamining the way I do life and I’ve got to make some changes.”

We prayed before I left him.  He asked God for help and even prayed for me and my heart recovery.  How about that?

God puts no number on his redemption.  He does not regulate how many times a person can be forgiven.  And the most beautiful part is this … He forgives and forgets. 

I’m surely glad God has a memory problem. 

I’m really glad God is merciful and loving.

It’s your turn at bat.  God is the pitcher and He wants you to knock it out of the park.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment