Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, May 20, 2018

God Is Here


God Is Here

I’m in a restaurant with thirty-five other customers.  It’s a rainy Sunday morning.  I don’t know any others by name, I don’t know where they live or what they do for income. 

This I do know.  God knows them.  He knows everything about them, whether they go to church, pray, work, have a healthy heart, have aches and pains, make a lot of money or live at the poverty level.  HE KNOWS.

That is just about the greatest thing to contemplate on this Sunday. 

I also know He calls to each of them.  Oh, some probably don’t recognize the call of God yet.  Maybe they are distracted by the curly-headed little boy playing with his straw, or maybe the lady with a brace on her left wrist is too caught up in some residual pain from her carpel-tunnel issue.  But I believe God is speaking to each of them. 

And He knows and calls to you and to me, whoever you are and wherever you live. 

The Bible tells us: 
“The very hairs of your head are numbered.”

That is a pretty intimate thing to know about someone.  I don’t have that fact at my fingertips on Carolyn, nor she on me, however, God knows. 

He sees us as we lie down, when we take our meal, when we sit and think, when we are at our work and at our leisure.

God is what you call an observant God.

So, for today, wherever you go, take an occasional moment to say ‘Hi’, or ‘thank you’, or ask for whatever is a need in your life.

He really does know you, and He cares oh so much.


Hope Encouragement Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment