Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Tis So Sweet to Trust

‘Tis So Sweet to Trust

We sang this hymn last week in church.  It
reminded me of some truths that I don’t ever want to forget.

You see, I’ve had my moments in life when all I had was my trust in the God of my understanding.  My recent surgery was one.  What an ordeal – pain, my body is marred in two places with some serious scars, and the recovery is so slow.  It is a daily walk of trust in the healing hand of my God.

Another time, in 1998, I was given a sum of money at a moment when I needed it the most.  Given … not loaned.  That was a serious trust moment when God proved faithful. 

There is another face of trust that is also at play here.  Can God be trusted to forgive and forget the worst in a person?  Can He be trusted to take a wasted life, a misdirected life and bring restoration and order to it?

Yes He can. 

There are two verses on which I hang my trust today. 

Philippians 4:19 tells us this: “My God shall supply all your need according to His abundance in Heaven by Christ Jesus.”

Whatever the need: medical, financial, relationships, wisdom, and any other face your need may wear, God can be trusted to supply that need.


The other verse is this:
I John 1:9:  If we confess our sins and wrongdoing, God, who is faithful and just, will forgive those sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”


The trust kicks in when we are bold enough to ask.  Even in the asking that is where trust begins.  We trust the one of whom we ask. 

“Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know ‘thus says the Lord’.

Jesus, Jesus, How I trust Him
How I’ve proved Him o’re and o’re
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus
Of for grace to trust Him more.”
  
Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment