Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Friday, November 24, 2017

Christmas Begins

Christmas Begins

Christmas begins!  We put up our tree a week ago.  We are already looking at the schedule for Scrooge at the Act Theatre.  Lights are beginning to brighten our neighborhoods and streets. 

Christmas begins.

And so, it begs the question – how do I let Christmas begin in my heart and in my thoughts?

There is a phrase in a Christmas hymn that I love …

“There is room in my heart for thee”

It’s a simple thought – a simple expression.  Some might say it’s a nice little ditty. 

If I were to play with words and suppositions, I might write something like this:

“Yeah, come on in Jesus.  You can sit over there in the corner.  There’s plenty of room.”

“Jesus – at our table?  Oh yeah.  I guess we could squeeze in one more.  Joe, go get the piano bench from the parlor and put it at that small table next to the piano.  It’s close enough, don’t you think?

“Marvin!  Save some of that pie for our guest.  Jesus has to eat dessert too.”

The key word in the phrase is “heart”. 

Room in my heart!

This phrase speaks of moving aside agendas, plans, ideas, futures.  It’s the old play on … Jesus Be the Lord of All.

I want to start there this Christmas. 

Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart,
the shopping I do and the food that I eat,
the places I visit and the songs I sing,
the gifts I buy and the wish lists I create,
the greetings I offer and the smile I smile,

Let it all be a pleasing offering in honor
of the Christ of Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Let it begin in you and me!


Please watch this:





Hope Encouragement Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment